RE: Doctype problems

Subject: RE: Doctype problems
From: Avi Kivity <Avi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 15:39:56 +0300
On Friday, July 16, 1999 15:24, Reyes Garcia Rosado
[SMTP:reyes.garcia@xxxxxxxxxx] wrote:

> I have another problem. I need put in the head of the new SGML file:
> 		"<!doctype JADETEST SYSTEM "jadetest.dtd">".
> When I make this with:
> 		"(literal "<!doctype JADETEST SYSTEM "Jadetest.DTD">")"

Jade is interpreting the <!doctype as an SGML construct. Many forget that
their stylesheets are also SGML document instances.
Use "&lt;!doctype..." Similarly handle the embedded quotes.

In any case, you need to use the document-type flow object; see
http://www.jclark.com/jade/transform.htm

---
"The only words which have meaning are the last ones spoken"