Re: (commercial) applications using DSSSL

Subject: Re: (commercial) applications using DSSSL
From: Andreas.Saremba@xxxxxxxxxxx (Andreas Saremba)
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 16:23:02 +0200
Steffen Heinrich wrote:

> Part of what is on your mind can be obtained by employment of the
> tcl/tk package 'Poor MAn's DSSSL Environment' (or 'Pomade'). Pomade
> has been anounced on this list by it's author Andreas Saremba a couple
> of months ago and is still available from it's former origin. (I just
> looked it up)

Thank you for reminding me - I had almost forgotten that thing. After
there was not much response after my announcement I had come to the
conclusion that the DSSSL folks don't really need a graphical
frontend. (But I do - cannot remember even the easiest command line
calls. Maybe I should have called the tool Alzheimer.)

Anyway - I have put the distribution on a web site with a URL that's
easier to remember: http://www.saremba.de/pomade . Feel free to try
it, but please bear in mind that it was not intended to be a
commercial strength application - not even the base for one.

Don't let yourself fool by the version number (V0_07b); Pomade will
not crash every five minutes, but the error checking when parsing the
specification file is not very elaborated, to put it mildly.

Andreas