Transformation Language (was: About Constructions rules (in The DSSSList Digest V3 #114))

Subject: Transformation Language (was: About Constructions rules (in The DSSSList Digest V3 #114))
From: MARK.WROTH@xxxxxxxxxxx (Wroth, Mark)
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 08:17:20 -0700
------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 10:13:08 +0200
From: Matthias Clasen <clasen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Didier expressed an interest in implementing the transform language
>    On that note, I'm starting to think *very* seriously about making
> an attempt at implementing the transformation language in Jade.  I'm
> just dying to play with it, and it seems like Jade would be the best
> place to get it working quickly, given its stability and widespread
> use.

and asked [intervening discussion snipped]:
>    So, OpenJade architects, what do you think of trying this?  Can you
> see a place for it in OpenJade?

to which Matthias replied:
| Yes, definitively, but maybe as a separate program built upon the same
| libs (libsp, libgrove, libspgrove).

About 30% of what I use Jade for is SGML->SGML/XML/HTML transformation.  So
far, the non-standard extensions present in Jade have been more or less
adequate.  But I would prefer a standard-compliant method; one of the
selling points of this whole approach is the use of standards, presumably
limiting one's dependence on specific implementations.

FWIW, I'd rather see it integrated into (Open)Jade, rather than as a
separate program.