Re: substring comparison

Subject: Re: substring comparison
From: Brandon Ibach <bibach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 18:03:32 -0500
Quoting Jany Quintard <quintard.j@xxxxxx>:
> There is probably a simple answer.
> I read the spec chapter "8.5.9. Strings" looking for a way to find a
> substring in a string. Let us say that I have an attribute like :
> Style="PersonName noMember"
> What I want to do is check if Style contains or not the substrings
> PersonName, noMember and so on.
> I can't figure out how to do it using jade and the string procedures.

   I don't think there is an easy answer within the builtin DSSSL
procedures.  I just skimmed through the "additional string" procedures
in the library at www.mulberrytech.com, and while it doesn't look like
there is a procedure that will do *exactly* what you want, there are a
bunch that do similar enough operations (most of them by Norm Walsh)
that you could probably adapt with relative ease.

-Brandon :)