Publishing work to date

Subject: Publishing work to date
From: Chris Maden <crism@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 15:18:38 -0400 (EST)
Friday was my last day with O'Reilly.  In keeping with O'Reilly's
commitment to the Open Source effort, I've published my work to date
on my Web site.  Documentation is a little sparse, but the system is
functional; see
<URL:http://www.oreilly.com/people/staff/crism/dsssl/orastyle/>
sometime in the next couple of days (the Web server is updated
nightly, in theory).

The system includes:
- DSSSL stylesheets to produce HTML files for O'Reilly CD-ROM
  publications and to produce tagged Frame, both for print publication
  and for returning for revision to authors who don't use SGML
- a semi-literate DSSSL DTD (DocBook with DSSSL architectural
  attributes)
- a book which is both documentation for the stylesheets and the
  stylesheets themselves
- formatted output from that book, in HTML, Frame, PostScript, and PDF
- scripts to support the stylesheets

I will be out of touch for two weeks while driving across the
country.  Comments about the system, including patches, should be sent
to tools@xxxxxxxxxxxx  If you want to contact me personally, you can
send e-mail to crism@xxxxxxxxxx

Use the system as it is, or modify it; I've tried to keep it modular.
I would suggest that you replace the O'Reilly Bestiary template code
if you are going to publish anything with the system, as O'Reilly's
lawyers might consider an identical template to be a trademark
infringement.

-Chris