Creating new element from nothing

Subject: Creating new element from nothing
From: "Maltby, David G" <david.g.maltby@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 07:08:01 -0700
Hello All -

The theory has been running too deep as late, time to get back to the
nitty-gritty.  I need to perform the following -tsgml transform which
introduces a new element 'x', a child of 'a' but a sibling to 'b'.

Source:
<A>
  <B>
  </B>
</A>

Result:
<a>
  <x>
  </x>
  <b>
  </b>
</a>

It seems that a formatting-instruction could take care of this as in:

<![CDATA[
(element A
  (make element gi: "a"
    (make formatting-instruction data: "<x></x>")
    (process-children)
  )
)

(element B
  (make element gi: "b")
)
]]>

However this "feels" odd, I am wondering if there is another (better) way?

Regards,
David Maltby, IETM Team, Lockheed Martin Missile and Space
"Transforming instances conforming to one DTD into instances conforming to
another DTD" (credit GKH)