RE: How to have a box drawn across the page?

Subject: RE: How to have a box drawn across the page?
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 20:42:00 -0400
Hi Philippe

Philippe said:
---------------------
.... comments.....
<--------- usable page width ------------>

             ____________
             | HEADLINE |
             ------------

So I have tried several options for the paragraph flow object as for
the box flow object with no success.

Didier answer:
---------------------
If the backend is rtf (is it?) then I did a small test script and I got what
you require. Here is a sample script below (please do not try some
characteristics like background-color, it won't work - I am playing it with
on my system - so , they actually exist only on my machine as experimental
stuff :-) ) - see that the display-area is reversed, the container is the
box not the paragraph. I am investigating if this is a funny code side
effect or if this is OK. Anyway, it works with rtf. I got exactly what you
want (as shown in the picture below) - please tell me if this is for rtf or
mif (for my records in exchange to helping you. I keep a complete notebook
of users needs for OpenJade and DSSSL-2 - thanx in advance)

<--------- usable page width ------------>

|              HEADLINE                  |

code sample:

<!DOCTYPE style-sheet PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style Sheet//EN">

(define (rgb r g b)
  (color (color-space "ISO/IEC 10179:1996//Color-Space Family::Device RGB")
r g b))

(define white-color (rgb 1 1 1))
(define veju-color (rgb 0.9 0.9 1))
(define red-color (rgb 1 0 0))