Re: Issues with literate programming DSSSL Script

Subject: Re: Issues with literate programming DSSSL Script
From: MARK.WROTH@xxxxxxxxxxx (Wroth, Mark)
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 07:52:12 -0800

MBW> First: is there any way to couple some reasonable SGML and DSSSL to
produce
MBW> a literal "<" in the output SGML entity?  Jade appears to want to
"quote"

David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> suggested

DC>	  (make formatting-instruction
DC>		data:   "&#60;"

The difficulty I have with this is that I don't see how to invoke it. How do
I get DSSSL to apply this code when it encounters the relevant
character/entity? Or is the only answer to define an element <lt> which can
then get a processing rule of its own?

-------

On a related note: what's wrong with this selector?

(with-mode continuation
  (process-node-list
     (select-elements (descendants (document-element (current-node)))
       '(scrap (continues attribute-string "id")))))

This is intended to select and process all elements in the document with GI
"scrap" and attribute "continues" equal to the value of the ID attribute of
the current node.  Jade complains that '"(scrap (continues attribute-string
"id"))" not a valid element matching pattern' (and neither is "(scrap
(continues (attribute-string "id" current-node)))").  Quoting the GI scrap
doesn't help either :-(  I don't find section 10.2.5 of the spec very
illuminating, but I thought the selector was valid: it's a list consisting
of a symbol for the gi and a list containing a symbol for the attribute and
a function returning a string representing the desired value.  What am I
missing?

"document-element" is a defined function which returns a singleton node list
consisting of the document element.  So the node-list being selected from
should be the entire document -- no apparent problem there