Re: Placing sosofos at page coordinates

Subject: Re: Placing sosofos at page coordinates
From: Peter Nilsson <pnidv96@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 00:50:57 +0100 (CET)
On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Brandon Ibach wrote:

> Quoting Philippe CASIDY <pcasidy@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > I wrote a DSSSL to describe the layout for my letters. Now, I would like
> > to be able to place the address of the recipient at particular x and y
> > coordinates on the paper in order to be able to use mail enveloppes with
> > a window.
> >
> > I am using Jade with Tex backend to produce PS and PDF documents.
> > Is it possible and how? ;-)
> >
>    There's no real straightforward way to do this, because DSSSL
> doesn't have support for absolute positioning.  However, assuming that

DSSSL supports this, through the page-sequence. A page-model would be used
with a page region for the envelope window. But, for now, this is only in
theory, since Jade/JadeTeX dose not support the page-sequence flow object.

So, in practice, Brandon's comments are perfectly legitimate :-)

Regards,
/Peter Nilsson
--