Re: Field records backend ?

Subject: Re: Field records backend ?
From: Jany Quintard <quintard.j@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 15:55:40 +0200 (CEST)
On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Mitch C. Amiano wrote:

> (Sorry for the last message; I inadvertently hit send while editing the email)
>
> You could use the formattinginstruction extension in Jade to do this.
Yes. I did it this way, using a method which is not very different of
yours. What is good is that there is no need for any other tool than
openjade. Fine.
I my case, I found it simpler to use a list of output records descriptors
(a list of lists, actually) and a padding function.
And what is IMHO interessant is that dsssl was a quick and good tool to
build a solution where the design and writing of a parser could have been
a pain.

Thanks a lot. Jany.