FOCR: meta-DTD does not allow data at this point

Subject: FOCR: meta-DTD does not allow data at this point
From: Yasushi Shoji <yashi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 12:51:28 -0400
hello all,

I've been trying to learn how to produce FOT using jade following "Flow
Object Class Reference."  When I try the first tutorial sample, i got
following error messages.

$ jade -d default.dsl sample.sgm
jade:default.dsl:2:0:E: document instance must start with document element
jade:default.dsl:2:0:E: character data is not allowed here
jade:default.dsl:2:0:E: meta-DTD does not allow data at this point
jade:default.dsl:2:2:E: meta-DTD does not allow data at this point
jade:default.dsl:2:3:E: meta-DTD does not allow data at this point
  :
  :
jade:default.dsl:6:19:E: meta-DTD does not allow data at this point
jade:default.dsl:6:31:E: no document element
jade:default.dsl:2:0:E: document did not contain any style-specifications or external-specifications

even though I got those errors, I also got sample.fot as follows.

$ cat sample.fot
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<fot>
<a name="0"/>
<a name="1"/>
<text>Title</text>
<a name="2"/>
<text>This is a paragraph.</text>
<a name="3"/>
<text>This is a somewhat longer paragraph just so we can be sure that
</text>
<text>this paragraph is going to wrap onto another line and maybe another
</text>
<text>page when we produce formatted output.</text>
</fot>

so, my question is "Is this normal?  if not, how should I suppress
those errors?"

thanks in advance,
--
            yashi