Re: breaking a string at record ends

Subject: Re: breaking a string at record ends
From: Brandon Ibach <bibach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 12:29:02 -0500
Quoting Jany Quintard <quintard.j@xxxxxx>:
> >    Of course, this assumes that you've got a <br> element somewhere in
> > your source document that we can copy into our output node-list ...
> No. It does not. But the code is interesting for learning (I always need
> it, you know)

   In that case, try replacing the (grove-root) call near the top of
the function with (sgml-parse "br.sgml"), where br.sgml is:

<!DOCTYPE html [
<!ELEMENT html - - (br)>
<!ELEMENT br   - o EMPTY>
]>

   Of course, you can do the reference to this file any way you want,
such as with an entity declaration with a system or public identifier,
etc.  [Open]Jade should be able to parse this simple file pretty
quickly, providing you with the <br> you need to make that approach
work.  Let me know if otherwise. :)

-Brandon :)