Re: Filtering nodes

Subject: Re: Filtering nodes
From: Brandon Ibach <bibach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:58:38 -0600
Quoting Maltby, David G <david.g.maltby@xxxxxxxx>:
> I suppose it justifies my use of the bandwidth that the solution was not
> obvious to me on first (or second) read.  To make sure I got it now,
> Brandon's (first-ns) returns a two member list, the first member a boolean
> and the second member a node-list consisting of the Ns or empty.  To get the
> node-list I can take the (cadr (first-ns)).  Or I can put the (cadr) in
> (first-ns) by taking the (cadr (n-l-r ...)).

   Whoops!  Chalk another one up to the non-wisdom of "this isn't
tested, but...".  I intended for the functions to return the node list
directly, but neglected to strip it out of the "compound object" that
node-list-reduce would produce.  My oversight.  You correctly figured
out how it would be done, though.

> I am still working combining (first-ns) with (last-ns) but I'll get it.

   If it helps (and you haven't already approached it from this
angle), concentrate on what's different between the two, and how you
could "switch" between the two versions of just that part, with the
input of an additional argument to a unified function, to be called
with a constant for that argument by each of the two original
functions.

> Thanks Brandon.

   My pleasure. :)

-Brandon :)