Re: (dsssl) Comparing style sheet languages

Subject: Re: (dsssl) Comparing style sheet languages
From: ydirson@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 12:17:12 +0200
On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 11:12:49AM +0200, Håkon Wium Lie wrote:
> Also sprach ydirson@xxxxxxxxx:
>
>  > To customize a stylesheet in DSSSL, you'll need an example with much
>  > more context, including the SGML tags that enclose the scheme-based
>  > code:
>
> Unsure. How a style sheet is applied is outside the scope.

Well, it has nothing to do with how it is applied.  A DSSSL stylesheet
is an SGML document (conforming to the DSSSL architecture), inside
which the code is inserted as CDATA.  All current examples just show
the code, and not the SGML tags that are necessarily around them.

It just happens that stylesheet inheritance is declared using those
SGML tags, so in this case we must have them shown.

Regards,
--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Technical support manager                Responsable de l'assistance technique