(dsssl) Overlapping page-regions? Standard Question

Subject: (dsssl) Overlapping page-regions? Standard Question
From: Javier Farreres de la Morena <spanish@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 12:09:06 +0200
I hope someone in this list can help me get out of confussion.

While reading the DSSSL standard I see in page 203, clause 12.6.4.1:

Page regions may overlap

When I turn to page 204 and I see figure 15. In it I can see a dotted line,
which is named as

Boundary between page region 1 and page region 2

Now, my conception of a boundary is that of something that delimits two
things, and separates them. This conflicts with my idea of "overlapping".
As I understand, there is some contradiction on it, unless I miss something.

If I check figure 5 in page 167, I see again this boundary shown explicitly,
transmitting me the idea of disjoint, rather than overlapping.

Please, can someone solve me this misunderstanding?

Tiscali, el líder europeo de acceso a internet, te ofrece:
¡¡¡ Tiscali Tarifa Plana Premium; la primera Tarifa Plana con llamadas gratis
!!!
¡ Descúbrela AHORA ! https://alta.tiscali.es:4430/tiscalitp/home.jsp