(dsssl) Re: DOCBOOK: help with header and a footer

Subject: (dsssl) Re: DOCBOOK: help with header and a footer
From: "Javier Farreres de la Morena" <spanish@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 17:35:26 +0100
>From: pividal@xxxxxxx

>im making a custom .dsl and my specific questions are
>
>- -How do i put the logo of the  company in the header?
>- -how do i put in the footer, the proyect name and the page number and
the
>total dcument pages (example)

In a simple-page-sequence you have the left-header, center-header, right-header,
left-footer, center-footer, right-footer characteristics, which you can
use to specify what you ask for.

I suppose, to put the logo of your company in the header you will need to
insert an external-graphic flow object as a header.
To place in the footer the project name and page-number you can do it with
literal and page-number-sosofo. I don't know right now how could you put
the total number of pages. Perhaps you could do it using current-node-page-number-sosofo
for an empty element with ID at the very end of the document.

Example:

(make simple-page-sequence
  left-header: (external-graphic ...)
  center-footer: (literal "Project name")
  left-footer: (sequence
                   (page-number-sosofo)
                   (literal " of ")
                   (show-page-of-last-element-in-document)))

In the show-page-of-last-element-in-document procedure you should, somehow,
apply current-node-page-number-sosofo to the node corresponding to the last
element in the document (one you put there just to find it when you need
it).

I have not the standard at hand. To show a complete and correct example
I would have to read it carefully, but I think with this you can check the
standard and find the appropriate parts.

Perhaps someone could offer a more complete solution, or fill the gaps in
my reply.

ADSL Tiscali -  http://adsl.tiscali.es
el más completo y competitivo ¡por sólo 38.95 ?!
Y además, llama GRATIS desde tu PC.