Re: [dssslist] how to handle textobject like a picture?

Subject: Re: [dssslist] how to handle textobject like a picture?
From: Tim McDaniel <tmcd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:30:15 -0600 (CST)
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004, Tuukka Mdkinen <tukem@xxxxxx> wrote:
> What would be the best way to keep short codelistings on one page?

It's been a while since I coded it, but it looks like

      (make display-group
        keep: 'page
        (process-children)
      )

worked easily for me, but "in this case, the flow object shall have an
ancestor flow object of class pagesequence", which it does in this
case.  There's also "keep: #t", which the manual says "the areas
produced by this flow object shall be kept together within the
smallest possible area.".  (There's column-related values possible for
"keep:" too, but I have no experience with columns.)

The manual says that "keep:" is also a characteristic of these flow
objects:

    aligned-column
    box
    column-set-sequence
    external-graphic
    included-container-area
    paragraph
    rule
    side-by-side
    table
    table-part

("rule"?!  How the hell do you split a rule across a page boundary?)

Did you already know this?  Am I misunderstanding the question?

--
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd@xxxxxxxxx