Re: [dssslist] Deriving stylesheet from derived stylesheet

Subject: Re: [dssslist] Deriving stylesheet from derived stylesheet
From: Srdjan Sobajic <ssobajic@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:33:22 -0800
On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 00:45:50 +0200, Tuukka Mdkinen <tukem@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Srdjan Sobajic wrote:
> ---- Lot of stuff removed ----
>
> > Is it possible to derive the stylesheets in such a way to get both
> > HTML and Print capability in the same stylesheet?
> Could you use the alternative way mentioned in the link you gave? I mean
> using <![%print; [ and ]]>.

Thank you for your suggestion Tuukka.

I tried this just now, with a derived stylesheet that is as below.
Running "db2html -d mystyle.dsl#html mybook.sgml" produces a single error:
jade:E: no style-specification or external-specification with ID "HTML"

Running "db2html -d mystyle.dsl mybook.sgml" (dropping the #html)
produces the same errors as I gave in the original message in this
thread.

I'm thinking that this could be related to the stylesheet I'm deriving
from. I will try deriving my own from the original and see how that
goes.

Thanks,
Srdjan

---------------------------

<!DOCTYPE style-sheet PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style Sheet//EN" [
<!ENTITY % html "IGNORE">
<![%html;[
<!ENTITY % print "IGNORE">
<!ENTITY parent-stylesheet SYSTEM "./docbook-utils.dsl" CDATA DSSSL>
]]>
<!ENTITY % print "INCLUDE">
<![%print;[
<!ENTITY parent-stylesheet SYSTEM "./docbook-utils.dsl" CDATA DSSSL>
]]>
]>

<![%html;[     <!-- HTML specific customisations -->
]]>
<![%print;[    <!-- Print specific customisations -->
]]>
  <external-specification id="docbook" document="parent-stylesheet">