RE: [dssslist] how I get the call-template result nodeset for further use?

Subject: RE: [dssslist] how I get the call-template result nodeset for further use?
From: "Maltby, David G" <david.g.maltby@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 10:16:42 -0400
I am assuming you are using XSLT terminology (call-template, nodeset) to discuss DSSSL objects (procedure, node-list) since this is the DSSSL List.  I am assuming you want an answer about DSSSL.

In XSLT the first effect of for-each command is to create a loop. It will go through each of the "nodes" to extract the information.  A DSSSL equivalent procedure is (node-list-reduce nl proc init) [See node-list-reduce on http://www.mulberrytech.com/dsssl/dsssldoc/procedures/c0102.html.]

Or try something in this tail-recursive form:

'process a list of nodes one at a time and return a list as the result
(let (loop ((rtn-list (list ) (nl (my-named-template (arguments)))
  (if (node-list-empty? node-list)
       'then no more node to process so return the result list
    rtn-list
       'else process the first node-list item in nl and put the result in rtn-list and recurses on the remainder of the node-list
    (loop
         (cons (my-node-process->atom (node-list-first nl))  rtn-list)
         (node-list-rest nl))))

Hope this helps,
- David