[jats-list] JATS revision request: add @id to front, body, and back

Subject: [jats-list] JATS revision request: add @id to front, body, and back
From: Kevin Hawkins <kevin.s.hawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 14:38:03 -0400
Hello,

Frankly, we think that it would be best to make id= a global attribute. While Debbie explained to me during JATS-Con that making it not global was an attempt to avoid what was thought of as a mistake in the design of TEI and DocBook, we feel that you can't really decide in advance what use cases users will have for putting an id= on an element, even if the element can only occur once according to the DTD.

Kevin