Re: [jats-list] How/When do you produce a JATS-XML version of you publication within your publication workflow

Subject: Re: [jats-list] How/When do you produce a JATS-XML version of you publication within your publication workflow
From: "Beck, Jeff (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [E]" <beck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 17:35:39 -0400
All content that comes to PMC goes through a conversion to (currently)
NISO JATS 1.0 XML tagged according to the PMC XML Tagging Style.

PMC does not require content be submitted in NLM or JATS, but there is a
requirement that whichever article model is used for the source it is rich
enough to support a conversion to JATS and it is used consistently.

I could imagine an application of XHTML that was enriched enough with
class attribute values to carry the information needed to support a
conversion to JATS, but the content would have to be tightly controlled by
a validation layer well beyond DTD validation of XHTML on both the sending
and receiving ends. I can IMAGINE it, but I've not yet seen it in
practice, and I hope no one feels inspired to do try this.

If you or anyone has further questions about PMC, let's take them off this
list and onto the PMC list. You can direct them to pmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jeff