Re: [jats-list] Funder ids

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Funder ids
From: Ian Mulvany <i.mulvany@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 13:54:06 +0100
I'm interested in capturing examples in the wild of tagging for data
and funding, and I have started collecting examples here:
https://github.com/elifesciences/publisher-xml-fragment-examples/tree/master.
I have added this example. Also, if anyone would like to contribute,
do please send a pull request to the repository, or email me directly.

- Ian
- Ian

---
Head of Technology - eLife
Submit now - http://submit.elifesciences.org/
twitter: @IanMulvany

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 5:04 PM, Evan Owens <eowens@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here's a sample of what we are planning to do at AIP Publishing.  We are
using two named-content wrappers to ease the migration to future JATS
functionality (institution name and institution identifier):

> <funding-group>
> <award-group>
> <funding-source>
>   <named-content content-type="funder-name">U.S. Department of
Energy</named-content>
>   <named-content
content-type="funder-identifier">http://dx.doi.org/10.13039/100000015</named-
content>
> </funding-source>
> <award-id award-type="contract">DE-FC26-07NT43098</award-id>
> </award-group>
> <award-group>
> <funding-source>
>   <named-content content-type="funder-name">National Science
Foundation</named-content>
>   <named-content
content-type="funder-identifier">http://dx.doi.org/10.13039/100000001</named-
content>
> </funding-source>
> <award-id award-type="contract">CBET-0318999</award-id>
> </award-group>
> </funding-group>

it's been raised on the JATS-List. The request to provide support for the
funder identifier was actually submitted as a comment to the NISO JATS
Standing Committee and the Committee has discussed it and decided on  a course
of action to implement that support.

> Since the existing model does not, as you point out, provide natural
support, I've suggested to others who have inquired that they use a
combination of <funding-source> and <named-content
http://dx.doi.org/10.1234/InstitutionName</named-content></funding-source>

> I hope that helps.
>
> Best,
> Laura

> Laura Randall
> lrandall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> NCBI/NLM/NIH

funder identifier needed for FundRef  submissions to CrossRef.

> While there is not a specific element or attribute that lend themselves to
this naturally,  I think that it could be "squeezed" into <funding-source>