[jats-list] JATS-Con 2013 will be postponed

Subject: [jats-list] JATS-Con 2013 will be postponed
From: "Beck, Jeff (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [E]" <beck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 13:45:24 +0000
Due to the continued lapse in government funding in the United States,
JATS-Con will not be held on October 22 and 23 as originally scheduled. The
conference will be rescheduled.

Thank you
Jeff Beck
JATS-Con Chair
jats-con@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:jats-con@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

From: <Beck>, beck <beck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:beck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Monday, October 7, 2013 1:24 PM
To:
"jats-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:jats-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<jats-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:jats-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: JATS-Con Status

For those of you who may not have heard, there is currently a lapse in
government funding in the United States, and many facilities and departments
are shut down. It is possible that this will affect JATS-Con, scheduled for
October 22 & 23 on the NIH campus.

Because there is no way to anticipate the resolution, and because a number of
you need to make significant arrangements to attend, we will make a decision
to move ahead with the conference or to postpone it based on the status next
Monday, October 14. I will send another message that evening with the
decision.

Thank you, and I hope to see you all in two weeks.