[jats-list] series tag and volume number

Subject: [jats-list] series tag and volume number
From: Alf Eaton <eaton.alf@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 09:59:40 +0000
In the example given in the JATS tag library documentation for usage
of the <series> tag[1], the volume number within the series is
included within the <series> tag, rather than within a separate
<volume> tag:

<source>A bibliography of recent works on
home health care</source>
<series>Studies in health and human services; vol.
37</series>

Is this intentional, to distinguish it from the volume numbers of the
source publication, or would it be more appropriately marked up as
this?:

<source>A bibliography of recent works on
home health care</source>
<series>Studies in health and human services</series>
<volume>37</volume>

(I'm fine with either, just wanted to clarify the intention)

I found this mentioned as part of a previous question[2], but it
wasn't really addressed in the responses.

The specific item being cited in this case is this one:
http://www.worldcat.org/title/climate-change-ecology-and-systematics/oclc/663950790

Alf

[1] http://jats.nlm.nih.gov/publishing/tag-library/1.1d1/?elem=series
[2] http://www.biglist.com/cgi-bin/wilma/wilma_hiliter/jats-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/201206/msg00011.html?line=59#hilite