[jats-list] BITS: contrib-group in toc-div or?

Subject: [jats-list] BITS: contrib-group in toc-div or?
From: "Mary McRae mary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 18:30:37 -0000
	I'm working with a series of reports which include, as part of the
front-matter *and* back matter, lengthy lists of individuals who have
participated or contributed to the report in some way (see
http://store.samhsa.gov/shin/content//SMA14-4816/SMA14-4816.pdf [1]
pages vii-x, Consensus Panel, Expert Panel as well as pages 141, 143
Stakeholders, Reviewers). The listing pages typically consist of a
title, an optional introductory paragraph or note, and the listing
itself, which may or may not be broken into sections identifying
various roles (Chair, Co-Chair, Workshop Leaders, Panelists).

	While one could argue that these lists should be placed in one of the
*-meta containers, placing and displaying the content on a composed
page would be challenging. On the other hand, toc is allowed in both
front-matter and book-back, and toc-div allows contrib-group as part
of its content model. While I wouldn't identify these lists as a Table
of Contents, using toc/toc-div/contrib-group allows proper placement
of the content.B

	For those with BITS experience, is this an intended use of ? If you
have similar lists in your publications, what markup do you use?

	Thanks in advance for all comments and suggestions.

	Mary McRaeB | XML Strategist / Technical Project ManagerB |
mmcrae@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [2]

Links:
------
[1] http://store.samhsa.gov/shin/content/SMA14-4816/SMA14-4816.pdf