[jats-list] XML Databases for JATS: eXist? Others?

Subject: [jats-list] XML Databases for JATS: eXist? Others?
From: "Evan Owens evanpowens@xxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 19:09:04 -0000
In a recent email Geoff Bilder of CrossRef asked me if I knew of any
publishers who are using the eXist XML database to store / query their JATS
documents?  I have used eXist for some non-JATS XML projects; for JATS it
was MarkLogic / RSuite.  Is anyone using eXist for their JATS content?  Or
other XML databases?  Non-XML databases?

Now that CrossRef is accepting abstracts in JATS markup as part of the
CrossRef metadata submissions, they have to support a substantial chunk of
the JATS vocabulary.  And of course they have an enormous  amount of
metadata (>68M records).  So they are interested in what tools have worked
well for the JATS community.

Any thoughts or comments?  I will forward them to Geoff.

Thanks --- Evan Owens (NISO JATS Steering Committee)