Re: [jats-list] Tagging of registered trial information

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Tagging of registered trial information
From: "Rhiannon Miller rhiannon.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 10:33:57 -0000
Thanks Melissa.

Should I add this suggestion to
https://github.com/JATS4R/elements/blob/master/clinical-trials.md even though
its just a suggestion and not actually current practice? (Currently were not
tagging this information as metadata at all, though it exists in free text
elsewhere in the article.)

I do appreciate it doesnt cater for the Article Categorisation (yes, its
Threaded Publications Im thinking of, though I dont have any direct contact
with the group). That wouldnt seem to fit well within <related-object>,
because we need it to describe the current article, not the linked one. But I
suppose we could highjack @link-type. Then wed have

<related-object id="rel1" content-type="clinical-trial link-type="result"
source-id="ISRCTN69423238" source-id-type="ISRCTN">
    <source>Spontaneous Urinary Stone Passage ENabled by Drugs</source>
    <ext-link ext-link-type="doi"
xlink:href="http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/ISRCTN69423238";>10.1186/ISRCTN69423238<
/ext-link>
</related-object>

Do you have a link to the Threaded Publications working group recommendation
or any other documentation?

Thanks

Rhiannon

<jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> From: Melissa Harrison <m.harrison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Subject: Re: [JATS-List: Discussing the Journal Article Tag Suite] Digest
for 2015-08-17
>> Date: August 19, 2015 at 7:24:06 AM EDT
>>

>> Hi there
>>
>> This is on the JATS4R list of items to tackle.
>>
>> It's an interesting idea that your tagging suggests turns a clinical trial
into an Object.

>> We need samples of how people are currently tagging this, so I look forward
to any other responses to your email!

>> As an aside, the Threaded Publications working group (linking clinical
trial information between the resources that refer to them) has recommended
the following information should be clearly identified:

>> Register/Registry
>> Registration ID (e.g. ISRCTN68329593)
>> Article Categorisation  refers to pre-result/result/post-result rather
than article type

>> This should be included in the CrossRef schema at some point, so it might
be worth taking the lead from there when addressing this in JATS? However, the
"title" you have is a good piece of metadata to record.

>> Melissa

prepress P R O J E C T S
Rhiannon Miller  Project Leader