[jats-list] Re: Page breaks in books

Subject: [jats-list] Re: Page breaks in books
From: "Lizzi, Vincent vincent.lizzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 14:38:45 -0000
Hi Wendell,

Would a processing instruction do what you need, or do you need the page break
marker to be an element? Here is one method to identify page breaks in JATS,
which will probably work just as well in BITS. This is excerpted from our
internal documentation:

Processing instruction page-start identifies the location of page breaks.

<?page-start?>

<?page-start page-number="2"?>

The page number should be captured in a pseudo-attribute page-number, which
can be omitted if the page is unnumbered. The page-start processing
instruction can be placed at any location in the article XML that is allowed
by XML rules for well-formedness. A page-start processing instruction should
be inserted at the location of the page break between the first and second
page, and (if the page is numbered) contain a page-number attribute the value
of which is the page number of the second page. The start of every subsequent
page in the article should be identified in this manner.

Cheers,
Vincent