Re: [jats-list] xlink:type

Subject: Re: [jats-list] xlink:type
From: "Rhiannon Miller rhiannon.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 13:37:44 -0000
We use it as an easy way to distinguish DOI links from normal web links, to
facilitate later internal processing.

Rhiannon

Prepress Projects
Rhiannon Miller b" Programmes Manager
+44 (0)1738 450489

<jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi everyone:
>
> I have a question about @xlink:type. According to the JATS tag library
documentation for both Green and Blue, this attribute appears to be completely
unnecessary and optional unless it is in <mml:math>, and outside of
<mml:math>, there's only one value that should be used for it anyway
("simple").

> So does anyone know why this attribute is even available on any other
element other than in <mml:math>? That is to say, what does it achieve if you
use it? Does it facilitate anything for either humans or machines?

> Just wondering because our XML vendor sometimes applies @xlink:type and
sometimes not. I'd like to pick a lane (so to speak) to be consistent, and I
wanted to know more about it before deciding.

www.nrcresearchpress.com <http://www.nrcresearchpress.com/>