Re: [jats-list] Appropriate markup for a tweet citation

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Appropriate markup for a tweet citation
From: "Randall, Laura (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [E] laura.randall@xxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 12:34:28 -0000
I haven't had to use this before, but I do think that using
<name-alternatives> would be a good solution.

You could do something like this:
<person-group person-group-type="author">
  <name-alternatives>
      <name>
        <surname>Zaman</surname>
        <given-names>L</given-names>
      </name>
     <string-name content-type="twitter-handle">@LuisZaman</string-name>
  </name-alternatives>
</person-group>

Handling it this way would allow you to keep the parsed name distinct from the
twitter handle. Specifying the @content-type on the string name would allow
you to include handles/usernames from various social media platforms all
associated with the same individual's parsed name.

Best,
Laura

Laura Randall
laura.randall@xxxxxxx