[jats-list] Re: Attribute values for Expressions of Concern

Subject: [jats-list] Re: Attribute values for Expressions of Concern
From: "Randall, Laura (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [E] laura.randall@xxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 13:12:22 -0000
Hi, Michael.
We're not a publisher, but PMC has chosen to use @article-type value
"expression-of-concern" and the @related-article-type value
"object-of-concern" for this pairing.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/pmcdoc/tagging-guidelines/article/dobs.html#
dob-arttype-eoc
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/pmcdoc/tagging-guidelines/article/tags.html#
el-relart

Here's an example from our data:

Best regards,
Laura

________________________
Laura Randall
laura.randall@xxxxxxx
NCBI/NLM/NIH

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Cunningham michael.cunningham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2017 8:52 AM
To: 'jats-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' <jats-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [jats-list] Attribute values for Expressions of Concern

Hello

It's likely that we will need to publish our first "Expressions of Concern"
associated with articles that have been published previously but the validity
of whose data/conclusions has been called into question, so potentially a
forerunner to a full retraction. Like a retraction I want these to link to the
previously original research articles.

I've been considering what values to use for @article-type  and
@related-article-type attributes; none of the suggested JATS (Blue) values fit
with this particular type of article
http://jats.nlm.nih.gov/publishing/tag-library/1.1/attribute/article-type.htm
http://jats.nlm.nih.gov/publishing/tag-library/1.1/attribute/related-article-
type.html

So my question is, are there any JATS-List users publish such articles if so,
what values are being used?

Thanks

Michael

Michael Cunningham
Publishing Operations Manager
Portland Press | Biochemical Society
Charles Darwin House, 12 Roger Street, London WC1N 2JU, UK
email: michael.cunningham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Tel: +44 20 7685 2410

Portland Press Ltd registered in England and Wales No. 2453983.

Registered Office: Charles Darwin House, 12 Roger Street, Third Floor, London,
WC1N 2JU.

VAT registration number GB 523 2392 69.

The contents of this email are for the recipient only.

If you are not this person (or not responsible for delivery to this person),
then notify the sender and delete the email immediately.

Any opinions contained in this message are those of the author and are not
given or endorsed by Portland Press Ltd or the division through which this
message is sent unless otherwise clearly indicated in this message.

Charles Darwin House, 12 Roger Street, Third Floor, London, WC1N 2JU