Re: [jats-list] Computer algorithms

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Computer algorithms
From: "Nikos Markantonatos nikos@xxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 14:40:24 -0000
Hi Mary.

Regards,
Nikos

On 03/13/2018 04:28 PM, Mary Seligy mary.seligy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi all
Perhaps this has been asked and answered before, but I could not find anything related in the archives.

We have taken on a new journal which has computer algorithms in its content. This is a new object for us, and I'm wondering how others capture this in the XML.

My personal feeling about it is that it can be considered a kind of list (a list of lines of code, with a title on it).

Here's part of an example:

Algorithm 1 Cyclic Self-Learning training procedure
function DECODE(c1,c2,b&cn, N8)
01:B  for i = 1 to m do
02:B  b7Cycle self-training
03:B  B  for i = 1 to n do
04:B  B  B  B b7 Generate Candidate Label
05:B  B  B  B YSbC

I would really appreciate knowing if there is already a common way of capturing this.

Thanks very much

Mary

Mary Seligy
Sr. Business Analyst
Canadian Science Publishing (NRC Research Press)
65 Auriga Drive, Suite 203, Ottawa, ONB K2E 7W6
T: 613-656-9846 ext. 225 | F: 613-656-9838
Websites: www.cdnscipub.com <http://cdnsciencepub.com/>, www.nrcresearchpress.com