Re: [jats-list] Computer algorithms

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Computer algorithms
From: "dal dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 15:13:39 -0000
I second Nikos, this looks like <code> to me.
There is one wrinkle, because code does not include
labels or titles. So Marybs example would need
to be inside a wrapper.

Possibilities include:
   <figure>
     <label>Algorithm 1</label>
     <title> Cyclic Self-Learning training procedure...</title>
     <code>b&</code>
   </figure>

or this might be a statement:
   <statement content-type="algorithm">
     <label>Algorithm 1</label>
     <title> Cyclic Self-Learning training procedure...</title>
     <code>b&</code>
   </statement>

The element <code> gives you many possible attributes
for describing the algorithm (is it written in pseudo-code,
python, java-script, etc.)

  code-type Type of Code
  code-version Code Version
  executable Executable
  id Document Internal Identifier
  language Code Language
  language-version Code Language Version
  orientation Orientation
  platforms Platforms
  position Position
  specific-use Specific Use
  xml:base Base
  xml:lang Language
  xml:space Space

bdebbie

<jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It seems that <code> would be best suited for an algorithm. You can even use
@code-type attribute to qualify that it's really an algorithm. Element <code>
can reside inside a <fig>, so "Algorithm 1" can be a figure <label> and the
trailing description a <caption>.

> From Marybs example:
>>
>> Algorithm 1 Cyclic Self-Learning training procedure
>> function DECODE(c1,c2,b&cn, N8)
>> 01:  for i = 1 to m do
>> 02:  b7Cycle self-training
>> 03:    for i = 1 to n do
>> 04:       b7 Generate Candidate Label
>> 05:       YSbC

>> I would really appreciate knowing if there is already a common way of
capturing this.
>> Thanks very much
>> Mary Seligy

Deborah A Lapeyre              mailto:dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mulberry Technologies, Inc.      http://www.mulberrytech.com
17 West Jefferson Street         Phone: 301-315-9631 (USA)
Suite 207                        Fax:   301-315-8385
Rockville, MD 20850
Mulberry Technologies: Consultancy for XML, XSLT, and Schematron