[jats-list] Library of Congress Recommended Formats review

Subject: [jats-list] Library of Congress Recommended Formats review
From: "Bausenbach, Ardie abau@xxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 14:01:24 -0000
The Library of Congress is once again calling for input as it looks forward to
the upcoming review and revision of the Recommended Formats Statement
(http://www.loc.gov/preservation/resources/rfs/).  In April, the teams of
experts charged with maintaining, improving and ensuring the accuracy of the
Statement will begin the annual process of examining the Statement and the
creative works represented in it, to ensure that it reflects correctly the
technical characteristics which best encourage preservation and long-term
access.

During the previous revision in 2017, we were pleased to be able to do more to
foreground metadata and to link the Statement with other crucial digital
preservation documents at the Library, making what we think helps make a more
holistic network of digital preservation guidelines for the creative
community.  We hope that this work and the other work to date in revising the
Recommended Formats Statement will not merely make the Statement more useful,
but will inspire its users to identify other ways in which it can be improved
and filled out.

The Library of Congress requests that anyone with input, comments or feedback
on any aspect of the Recommended Formats Statement, including on ways in which
to make it more user friendly, please share that with us by March 31, through
one of the e-mail contacts listed on the Recommended Formats Statement website
or through the e-mail address listed below.

For more information, please contact Ted Westervelt [thwe@xxxxxxx]

(Please excuse cross-posting)