Re: [jats-list] semantics for jats

Subject: Re: [jats-list] semantics for jats
From: "dal dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 17:54:02 -0000
<jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is very interesting work, thank you for sharing it.
>
> Have you read the bJATS and Linked Datab section in the JATS Tag
Libraries? If not, you may find the information at:
https://jats.nlm.nih.gov/archiving/tag-library/1.2d1/chapter/linked-data.html
> (or
https://jats.nlm.nih.gov/publishing/tag-library/1.2d1/chapter/linked-data.htm
l)
> to be useful.

You might also be interested in:

"Mapping JATS to RDF using the SPAR (Semantic Publishing and Referencing)
Ontologies"

Available in the JATS-Con archives:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK100491/

or from Reesearch Gate:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/256766930_Mapping_JATS_to_RDF_using_
the_SPAR_Semantic_Publishing_and_Referencing_Ontologies

In that work, we did a mapping from JATS
elements to many ontologies. The only complaint that I
have received concerning the work is that we used the "wrong"
ontologies, which I have always assumed to mean NOT the
ontologies the questioner would have preferred.

bDebbie

Deborah A   Lapeyre              mailto:dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mulberry Technologies, Inc.      http://www.mulberrytech.com
17 West Jefferson Street         Phone: 301-315-9631 (USA)
Suite 207                        Fax:   301-315-8385
Rockville, MD 20850
Mulberry Technologies: Consultancy for XML, XSLT, and Schematron