[jats-list] JATS4R community update

Subject: [jats-list] JATS4R community update
From: "Melissa Harrison m.harrison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 15:44:07 -0000
Hello everyone!

Here in the UK we are back in the office after our last Summer Bank Holiday
and the weather has turned, so it's probably end of summer for us.
The last JATS4R community call was on 19th June and, as anticipated,
everything slowed down thereafter over the following months, to resume in
Sept.

The JATS4R Steering Committee has still been meeting up most weeks and
nudging JATS4R in the right direction, but we don't have much to update you
on the sub group activities since the last call.

So, rather than arranging a call next month, we decided to plan a call in
October time instead, with the community calls to be quarterly events
thereafter.

On the forthcoming call we'd like to update you on subgroup progress, but
also poll you for your opinion on what we should tackle next.
The old JATS4R GitHub site has been mined for old issues and we've also
logged all newer ideas collected. These are all presented on a GitLab Board
here <https://gitlab.com/JATS4R/Road-Map/boards?=>, which also shows active
groups, past groups and what stage everything is at. It will act as our
Roadmap going forward.

Please feel free to comment on the issues in Gitlab directly, contact any
members of the steering committee direct, or email info@xxxxxxxxxx if you
have any input now, but otherwise we look forward to hearing from as many
people as possible on our next update call.

Best wishes

Melissa Harrison
on behalf of the JATS4R Steering Committee
--
Melissa Harrison, Head of Production Operations, *eLife*
eLife Sciences Publications, Ltd

01223 855345
orcid.org/0000-0003-3523-4408
Receive content alerts
<http://www.elifesciences.org/crm/civicrm/profile/create>
Browse articles <http://elife.elifesciences.org/browse>

eLife Sciences Publications, Ltd is a limited liability non-profit
non-stock corporation incorporated in the State of Delaware, USA, with
company number 5030732, and is registered in the UK with company number
FC030576 and branch number BR015634 at the address First Floor, 24 Hills
Road, Cambridge CB2 1JP.