Re: [jats-list] Recommended tagging for uppercase text

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Recommended tagging for uppercase text
From: "B Tommie Usdin btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2019 16:44:36 -0000
Hi Martin b

I have seen people do this as <styled-content
  specific-use=bdisplay" style-type="uppercaseb>

b Tommie

<jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to ask if there is any recommendation on how to markup
uppercase text in JATS/BITS?

> Although you can hard-code the characters, you usually want to distinguish
uppercase as style from regular uppercase text such as acronyms. Another use
case is to apply a specific formatting on uppercase text, e.g. to render the
text slightly smaller or to increase the whitespace between the letters.

> However, it might be useful to have an element for uppercase text in
addition to case-specific elements like <sc> or <fixed-case> in JATS/BITS. But
for now, it would be good to know if there are any best practices on this
matter?

> Kind regards,
>
> Martin
>
> --
> Martin Kraetke
> Lead Content Engineer
> le-tex publishing services GmbH
>
> Weissenfelser Str. 84, 04229 Leipzig, Germany
> Phone +49 341 355356 143, Fax +49 341 355356 543
> martin.kraetke@xxxxxxxxx, http://www.le-tex.de
>
> Registergericht / Commercial Register: Amtsgericht Leipzig
> Registernummer / Registration Number: HRB 24930
>
> GeschC$ftsfC<hrer: Gerrit Imsieke, Svea Jelonek, Thomas Schmidt

B. Tommie Usdin                        mailto:btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mulberry Technologies, Inc.               https://www.mulberrytech.com
Mulberry Technologies: A Consultancy Specializing in XML and SGML