Re: [jats-list] Twitter handle as author contact

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Twitter handle as author contact
From: "Randall, Laura (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [E] laura.randall@xxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 11:14:35 -0000
Hi, Jen.
I think another option would be to include the twitter handle as a
<contrib-id> element.

<contrib-id contrib-id-type="twitter"
authenticated="true">@handle</contrib-id>

Pro and con here, though. Pro: It identifies the handle as an identifier of
the person. Con: The tag can't be included as part of <address>, it's a direct
child of <contrib>. With Gerrit's suggestion, you can include it in the
<address>.

I would avoid (mis)using <email> for this, though, since the twitter handle is
most not actually an email address.

Best,
Laura
Laura Randall