[jats-list] [ANN] upcoming courses, and request for feedback

Subject: [jats-list] [ANN] upcoming courses, and request for feedback
From: "Liam R. E. Quin liam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 19:59:17 -0000
I'm planning to give some online courses, live by video. The first will
be,

XSLT Two to Three

It'll be in September, avoiding conflict with JATS-Con and XML Amsterdam.

I haven't done a remote course that's more than a day long before, but
there's so much that's new and exciting in XSLT 3 i have a hard time
leaving things out.

So the course is organized by topic, and you can sign up for the whole
course, or just particular topics.

It's not JATS-specific, but will likely be useful to quite a few people on this list.

I'll be posting more details in the upcoming week. Right now, though, i
need you do to do something important (as these messages always say)...

Let me know if you're prefer an all-day course for two or three days,
or half-day sessions for four days.

Also let me know your preferred timezone and whether EDT (e.g.
Kingston, Ontario, Canada) works for you; i may be able to run the
course at a different time of day if it would help.

I'm not planning to re-use the sessions although if they are recorded,
you can have a copy of the recording for your own use.

Later, i'll ask you bout specific topics within the XSLT 3 course.

Just reply to this address (liam at
fromoldbooks dot org) not to the list - thanks!

*

Likely upcoming courses:

1. XSLT Two to Three (this one)

2. Introduction to XSLT

3. CSS for Print from XML

4. Accessible Web Design (especially for XSLT users, but anyone could
attend)

5. XProc Three (this one is still in the pipeline)

Liam

--
Liam Quin,B https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/
Barefoot Web-slave, antique illustrations: B http://www.fromoldbooks.org