Re: [jats-list] author contribution

Subject: Re: [jats-list] author contribution
From: "Debbie Lapeyre dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2022 21:04:26 -0000
Bruce--

I'm not sure, but since there are 13 additional (non-equal-lead)
authors, I think it is more complicated than that, and <role>
might also need to play a hand.

JATS can say:

1) Element <contrib> Attribute @equal-contrib

  Value 	Meaning
  no 	This contributor did not participate equally
        with all other contributors.
  yes 	This contributor participated equally with all
        other contributors.

2) Element <role> attribute @degree-contribution

Suggested usage
While the values of this attribute are unconstrained, the expected values
(particularly useful for CRediT roles) are:
Lead       The contributor was one of the lead contributors.
Supporting The contributor was one of the supporting contributors, not a lea
           all contributors were equal.

Soichi'a case seems complicated to me.

--Debbie

<jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Soichi,
>
> Good to hear from you!
>
> I looked at this article, and it looks like it has 2 corresponding authors
as well as 2 authors who have contributed equally. But both situations can be
handled in a similar fashion. The contrib element has 2 attributes that can be
useful: @corresp, and@equal-contrib.

> For a case of 2 corresponding authors, you can simply set  corresp="yes" in
the contrib element for each of the corresponding authors. You will probably
want to add an email element to each of the authors to hold their email
address to appear under the envelope icon in the display.

> Similarly, if you have an article where 2 or more authors contributed
equally, you can set equal-contrib="yes" in the contrib element for each of
the equal authors. Additionally, such cases of co-equal authorship are often
accompanied by a footnote. You can link from the footnote symbol typically
found in the contrib element for each of the authors to a single footnote, and
set fn-type="equal".

> Best regards,
> Bruce
>

> On Wed, Jun 8, 2022 at 8:33 AM Soichi Kubota kubota@xxxxxxxxx
<jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> I would like to ask about the author contribution.
> For example,
> https://doi.org/10.1038/s41586-021-04217-4
> This article has 15 authors and the first two authors contributed to this
article equally.

> I would like to how to describe the first co-authorship in JATS.
> If you show any practice or ideas, I would appreciate it.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Best regards,
> Soichi Kubota
> Japan Science and Technology Agency
>

> --
> This email message and any attachments are confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, please immediately reply to the sender or call
617-932-1932 and delete the message from your email system. Thank you.