Re: [niso-sts] Tagging Standard that will be Adopted

Subject: Re: [niso-sts] Tagging Standard that will be Adopted
From: dal <dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 15:44:42 -0500
> On Jan 2, 2018, at 1:07 PM, Denise French dfrenchlibrary@xxxxxxxxx <niso-sts-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> We are tagging a standard that is likely to be adopted by other
> organizations. This raises several questions:
>
> 1. Is there anything special we should do in tagging it to
> make it easier for the others to add the adoption tagging?

No, just tag your metadata as completely as you usually do.

> 2. Should we put the adoption tagging on now because
> we think it will be adopted?

No, this is for the adopting agency, not for the
standard that may be adopted

> 3. How do we put in the XML that we grant permission
> to adopt to specific organizatoins?

What an amazingly good question, and I have absolutely
no idea. Gerrit? Robert? Leslie? This never came up in
the original meetings.

—Debbie

Deborah A Lapeyre              mailto:dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mulberry Technologies, Inc.      http://www.mulberrytech.com
17 West Jefferson Street         Phone: 301-315-9631 (USA)
Suite 207                        Fax:   301-315-8385
Rockville, MD 20850
Mulberry Technologies: Consultancy for XML, XSLT, and Schematron