Re: [niso-sts] Where to put <long-desc>

Subject: Re: [niso-sts] Where to put <long-desc>
From: "Robert Wheeler wheelerr@xxxxxxxx" <niso-sts-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 20:37:12 -0000
Hi Denise,

This is one of the tags (and descriptions) binheritedb from JATS.
Apologies if I am misunderstanding your question, but under the Remarks, there
is some further description:
bLong Description Contents: This element was originally designed to contain
a description, but some newer systems expect this element to contain a URI
that points to such a description.b

So, the element can contain this long description, but could also contain a
URI that points to that long description.

Please let me know if I am misunderstanding your question.

Thanks,
Robert