[niso-sts] How to reference sections from another standard

Subject: [niso-sts] How to reference sections from another standard
From: "Dorothée Stadler doro@xxxxxxxxxxx" <niso-sts-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 10:07:06 -0000
Hello,
I am wondering how to correctly reference a specific section from another
standard. Our national standards have IDs on all sections and elements.
Say, for example, I want to make a reference to Section 5 in Standard ABC:2017
from my standard, how to best to this?

Should I put the standard reference inside <std> and then use <ext-link> to
hold the reference to the section?
<std>Standard ABC <ext-link xlink:href=bSection_IDb>Section
5--</ext-link></std>

Is there a way to identify that the <ext-link> is a reference to an element
inside another standard (as opposed to other <ext-link> elements in the
standard that would point to URLs for example)?

Or is there a better way of doing this?
Is it OK to put just the ID of the section inside the @xlink:href?

Thanks for your help in this!
Greetings from Berlin,