[niso-sts] [ANN] Call For Participation: Balisage: The Markup Conference 2019

Subject: [niso-sts] [ANN] Call For Participation: Balisage: The Markup Conference 2019
From: "Tommie Usdin btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <niso-sts-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2019 17:28:03 -0000
Some "Balisage: The Markup Conference 2019b dates are coming soon:

March 29, 2019 -- Peer-review applications due
April 12, 2019 -- Paper submissions due
July 30 b August 2, 2019 b Balisage: The Markup Conference
July 29, 2019 b Pre-conference Symposium - Topic to be announced
https://www.balisage.net/

Balisage: where serious markup practitioners and theoreticians meet
every August.

A colleague recently asked me to share the program for Balisage 2019
to help support a request to attend. What, I was asked, will we talk
about at Balisage 2019. I replied "It will be a variety of topics
relating to markup, but we wonbt know the specifics until May.b
bWhy? It seems like you should know that now.b was the response. "Why
donbt you just decide who you want to talk about what and assign
topics?b bBecause that would not be a contributed paper conference,
it would be some other sort of event!b

Balisage *is* a contributed paper conference, and the submissions
from people who want to speak drive the program, the hallway conversations,
and the whole tone of Balisage!

If you want to speak at Balisage 2019, if you want to help shape the
conversation, if you have an idea, experience, opinion, or question
relating to markup, please submit a paper to Balisage 2019!

We solicit papers on any aspect of markup and its uses; topics include
but ARE NOT LIMITED TO:

b" Cutting-edge applications of XML and related technologies
b" Integration of XML with other technologies (e.g., content management,
XSLT, XQuery)
b" Performance issues in parsing, XML database retrieval, or XSLT processing
b" Development of angle-bracket-free user interfaces for non-technical users
b" Deployment of XML systems for enterprise data
b" Design and implementation of XML vocabularies
b" Case studies of the use of XML for publishing, interchange, or archiving
b" Alternatives to XML/JSON/whatever
b" Expressive power and application adequacy of XSD, Relax NG, DTDs,
Schematron, and other schema languages
b" Invisible XML

Detailed Call for Participation:
https://www.balisage.net/Call4Participation.html
Call for Peer Reviewers:  https://www.balisage.net/peer/ReviewAppForm.html
About Balisage:  https://www.balisage.net/

For more information: info@xxxxxxxxxxxx or +1 301 315 9631

Balisage: The Markup Conference 2019          mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxx
July 30 - August 2, 2019                      https://www.balisage.net
Preconference Symposium: July 29, 2019                 +1 301 315 9631