[niso-sts] Defined terms within text

Subject: [niso-sts] Defined terms within text
From: "Mat Beal mat.beal@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <niso-sts-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 16:06:25 -0000
Hi all

I'd be interested to know if anyone has any thoughts how a defined term should
be tagged in NISO STS where it appears in the text of a document (e.g. to
create a link from the text to the corresponding definition).

I thought that these could either be tagged using <xref> or possibly
<tbx:entailedTerm>. However, in <xref> there is no valid @ref-type value for a
defined term, and I would need some way of distinguishing it from other uses
of <xref>. And according to the NISO STS documentation <tbx:entailedTerm>
should only be used within <tbx:termEntry> (although it is valid elsewhere).

Many thanks,

Mat

Visit the BSI website at www.bsigroup.com

This email may contain confidential information and/or copyright
material. This email is intended for the use of the addressee only.
Any unauthorised use may be unlawful. If you receive this email
by mistake, please advise the sender immediately by using the
reply facility in your email software.

The British Standards Institution is incorporated by Royal Charter.

This email has been scanned for all known viruses.