Re: jade (v1.0.92) & before-row-border

Subject: Re: jade (v1.0.92) & before-row-border
From: Henry Thompson <ht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 18 Feb 1998 09:22:44 +0000
Tony Graham <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> At 17 Feb 1998 17:32 -0600, Glenn R. Kronschnabl wrote:
>  > I am using xslj (0.4) ->jade (1.0.92)
>  >
>  > And I have something like:
>  >
>  >   <table space-before="36pt"
>  >          before-row-border="true"
>  >           etc
>  >
>  > which gets translated into the .dsl file as:
>  >
>  > (make table
>  > space-before: "36pt"
>  > before-row-border: "true"
>  >    etc
>  >
>  > The problem is jade won't except the value specified for before-row-border and
>  > I can't figure out what jade wants.  Here is the error message:
> . . .
>
> before-row-border may have the values #f, #t, or an unlabelled
> sosofo.  A correct specification is:
>
> before-row-border: #t
>
> I suspect you have found an xslj bug.  The Jade stylesheet should not
> have the quotes around the #t.

In principle, this should work, per the following from James's notes
on the experimental DSSSL extensions:

> Characteristic value conversion

> Most characteristic values can now be specified as strings and will be
> converted appropriately. For boolean valued characteristics any of the
> strings "true", "false", "yes" and "no" are acceptable.

However, I suspect that because before-row-border is not strictly
speaking a boolean-valued characteristic, this clause doesn't apply.
I'll see what I can do to fix this in xslj, but the omens aren't good.

The following workaround will work in the meantime:

                     before-row-border='=true'
                     ...>

--
Henry S. Thompson, Human Communication Research Centre, University of Edinburgh
               Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx