RE: Style vs. transformation

Subject: RE: Style vs. transformation
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 14:44:37 -0800
At 17:22 98/03/03 -0500, Rob McDougall wrote:
>You say that "style language is already essentially a transformation".
>I disagree.  There are two separate mechanisms going on here.

I believe Paul is referring to the use of JADE's custom flow objects (for
emitting SGML or XSL syntax) that can be specified in a DSSSL style
specification to transform an SGML or XSL instance into another instance
perhaps conforming to a different DTD than the original.

This is *very* powerful and *very* useful as it stands today.

--
G. Ken Holman            mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Crane Softwrights Ltd.  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com