visibility property

Subject: visibility property
From: "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 19:19:57 -0800
    I wasnt sure which list to post this to.
    I was playing around with the MSXSL parser trying to find an alternative
to the <select-elements> element for display and generated this code.  My
intention was to make  the high lighted line visible, and all the others
invisible.
    The line appears to inherit the enclosing hidden property.
10.2 says"The visibility propert specifies whether the boxes generated by an
element are rendered."

    My interpretation is that the browser IE4 is interpreting the letter of
the Spec, but wouldnt it be better if it was possible to reverse the hidden
property, otherwise it has little advantage over the display property.

Frank Boumphrey.

<HTML>
<BODY style="visibility: visible">
 <DIV title="<store>" style="color: blue; visibility: hidden">
      <DIV title="<hoes>" style="color: blue; visibility: hidden">
       h31
         <DIV title="<tobaccohoes>" style="color: blue; visibility: hidden">
         11
         </DIV>
<!--------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------->
         <DIV title="<reghoes>" style="color: teal; visibility:
visible"><BR>gg20
<!--------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------->

         </DIV>
       </DIV>
       <DIV title="<spades>" style="color: blue; visibility: hidden">
       s35
       </DIV>
       <DIV title="<rakes>" style="color: blue; visibility: hidden">
        39
       </DIV>
   </DIV>
</BODY>