Re: Is DSSSL-O dead?

Subject: Re: Is DSSSL-O dead?
From: ht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Henry S. Thompson)
Date: 29 Mar 1998 15:43:13 +0100
Just to endorse what others have said, that in teaching XSL and DSSSL
to a range of people, I've found that with carefully prepared examples
and a good alternation between hands-on exercises and lecture
sessions, virtually everybody 'gets it' by lunchtime of the first day.

I think the DTD issues is a red herring:  I teach XSL using XSLJ,
which translates XSL to DSSSL, and XML documents to be styled, and it
all works just fine.  JADE does NOT require valid input to produce
output, just use the -wno-valid switch.

ht
	    Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx