using xslj and jade to produce html - a beginner's question

Subject: using xslj and jade to produce html - a beginner's question
From: "Kent Fitch" <kent.fitch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 15:42:10 +1000
I successfully used the Microsoft xsl tool to convert
xml into html, but needing something which would also
run under UNIX, I'm trying to understand xslj and Jade.

The samples worked fine, but when I modified them to
included an HTML tag in the xsl, problems started.

For example, the sample as supplied doesnt produce
a list rendered until IE or netscape.  So, I tried
to add <UL>...</UL> and <LI>..</LI> both as is and
lowercase and within <literal>...</literal> with
no success, eg:

xslj:hsimplekf1.xsl:88:13:E: element "UL" undefined
xslj:hsimplekf1.xsl:88:10:W: unknown flow-object spec or macro

I gues I'm missing a vital piece of the puzzle -
must I define tags such as "LI" to the htmlfos.dtd,
or some other file?

Kent Fitch                           Ph: +61 2 6276 6711
ITS  CSIRO  Canberra  Australia      kent.fitch@xxxxxxxxxxxx